Chapel & Cemetry
Cemetery Charges at East Coker Cemetery – April 2016
Fees in respect of burials in East Coker Chapel Cemetery
Purchase of an 8ft plot £360.50
First interment £103.00
Second interment £257.50
Purchase of plot for cremated remains £154.50
First interment £ 51.50
Second interment £103.00
Monuments – first inscription £103.00
Monuments – second inscription £ 30.90
To be noted:
- Costs are doubled for non-residents of East Coker Parish, former residents who left the Parish to go into long term care are still eligible for the basic cost.
- Plots have a tenure of 100 years.
- All plots to be double depth for later second internment (8ft).
- Cost is for the plot only, it does not include grave digging and reinstatement.
- Plots can be purchased in advance and location reserved by contacting the Parish Clerk.
- No fee for children (under 16 years of age).
- All memorials and inscriptions are to be approved by the Parish Council and submitted in writing to the Parish Clerk.
- Memorial/Headstone must not exceed 4ft in height.
- Exclusive right of burial can be transferred by a letter from current owner/family to the Parish Clerk.
- All funerals are conducted by a funeral director, who will arrange digging, reinstatement, headstones and memorials.
- Kerbs around grave plots are not permitted.
- Floral tributes should be removed when they have died.
- All fees will raise with inflation.
Clerk to the Parish, Gillian Macpherson
5 Long Furlong Lane, East Coker, BA22 9LQ
Tel: 01935 864354 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org